We have performed Energy Audits on literally hundreds of houses in Southeast Virginia.
Our comprehensive and growing list of houses pretty much covers all different types of housing that make up our communities. From houses over a hundred years old to ones built less than a year ago, we’ve been inside evaluating how to make your home more energy efficient. If it is a place you live in, we can help you identify ways to make it perform better.
The great thing about doing energy audits is we get to identify ways to help the house and the ,people live together better. For example we get calls from people with very high energy bills or parts of their house that they have never felt comfortable in. it is our goal to identify the cause of these troublesome issues and provide solutions.
We also can help people just wanting to see what they can do to lower their energy use even further. Every house is different, and so are the possible solutions. Pretty much without fail, we can find ways houses can be improved upon.
Our Energy Audit Process
- Our first goal is to identify the “low hanging fruit,” and then move on to address more complex issues.
- We spend approximately 3 hours going through your house from top to bottom looking for things affecting the energy efficiency of your home as well as the performance.
- We inventory everything we find and take photos to help illustrate.
- We use our software to help us produce your report. It uses your data from a year’s worth (or as much as you have) of energy bills.
- After inputting diagnostic testing results we get with our specialized equipment the software can then generate estimated costs/savings.
- Then we put it all together with written descriptions of solutions.
- We present the info in a report that shows you where the problem areas are, provide estimated figures for how much it will cost to address them, and how much you will save. We even show how savings can be projected over the next few years.
- With our help you can compare the SIR ( savings to investment ratio) on all proposed improvements.
All said and done you have a professional evaluation to help you make more informed decisions about upgrades and how they will affect your energy bills.